The Wallington Library Board of Trustees is seeking a Library Director
The Library Director, reporting to the Library Board of Trustees, manages and directs the operations of the Library; providing overall strategic and operational leadership with full responsibility for, but not limited to, the following areas: personnel and fiscal management, marketing and communications, fundraising and development, emergent technologies, facilities, and external partnership development through engagement with key stakeholders. The Director works with staff, trustees, and borough officials to achieve the Library’s mission, vision, goals and objectives within the context of community needs and priorities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Manages the day-to-day administrative operation and functions of the Library.
● Responsible for maintenance of Library facilities and technology.
● Reviews Library operations, functions, technology, and facilities to identify, analyze, and address potential problem areas.
● Coordinates and supervises the planning, promotion, execution, and evaluation of all Library services, programming, and events.
● Coordinates and supervises the selection and deselection of library materials and overall library collection development and maintenance.
● Coordinates and supervises the Library’s marketing and communications; including the Library’s website, social media accounts, email distribution lists and notifications, press relations, and other marketing and communications methods.
● Develops, implements, and enforces all Library policies and procedures governing the Library, patrons, and staff.
● Helps prepare the Library’s Strategic Plan. Establishes annual goals and objectives to ensure the Library is fulfilling its adopted Strategic Plan.
● Prepares annual operating and capital budgets for Library Board approval and presents finalized budgets to the Borough.
● Oversees and controls Library expenditures. Maintains financial records and provides monthly budget reports to the Library Board.
● Prepares an agenda, director’s report, and any supporting documentation needed for all Library Board meetings.
● Prepares and maintains other essential records and files; including personnel records, user statistics, circulation statistics, programming statistics, banking records, audit reports, etc.
● Recruits and recommends new employees to the Library Board and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of library employees.
● Leads staff to ensure strong teamwork and excellent customer service. Organizes regular staff meetings and professional development opportunities.
● Is an active member of professional library associations as well as the Library’s consortium. Attends seminars, conferences, and meetings of professional library groups and organizations.
● Provides updates and explanations of new developments, regulations, statutes, programs, and trends within the Library Profession to the Library Board, governing officials, library users, and other groups.
● Master of Library and Information Science degree from an American Library Association accredited program
● New Jersey Professional Librarian’s Certificate
● Five (5) years of progressively responsible library experience, with proven experience in a supervisory capacity.
● Knowledge of theories, principles, techniques, innovations, and trends of library and information science.
● Knowledge of administration and management techniques.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to speak comfortably with staff, trustees, patrons, government officials, professional and nonprofessional groups, and other interested persons about library issues and matters.
● Ability to coordinate, manage, and administer library programs and services to achieve maximum efficiency and utilization within the constraints of financial, personnel, and facilities limitations.
● Ability to work independently, exercise considerable judgment in dealing effectively with diverse constituencies, and resolve conflict situations in a calm and constructive manner.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This position provides a generous benefits package.
Please sent a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to [email protected]